Barcelona – top of La Liga and in the Champions League quarter-finals – announced a deal on 3 January to sell VIP boxes at the club’s Nou Camp stadium, which is being rebuilt, in order to raise 100m euros (£83m).

But La Liga says the deal was not recorded in the accounts submitted by Barcelona to the league last week for the 2024-25 season, and that the deal had been approved by a different, unnamed auditor.

“No amount from the [VIP box deal] is ultimately recorded in the profit and loss accounts, contrary to what had been certified by the club and the auditor at the time of said transaction,” said La Liga in a statement.

La Liga said they were reporting the auditor to the Accounting and Auditing Institute.

“Barcelona did not have on December 31, 2024, or on January 3, 2025, nor has it had since that date, nor does it currently have, [the financial fair play capacity] for the registration of the players Dani Olmo and Pau Victor,” La Liga said.

Barcelona have not commented on the statement.

Olmo, 26, joined Barcelona from RB Leipzig in a £52m deal last summer.

He has made 28 appearances this season, including 13 since the CSD’s ruling.

Victor, 23, a product of Barcelona’s academy, has played 22 times this season and five times since the ruling.

Share.

Hi, I’m Kate Man, a passionate sports journalist who lives and breathes the game. Whether it’s breaking news, in-depth analysis, or exclusive interviews, I love bringing fans closer to the action. From thrilling match highlights to behind-the-scenes stories, my goal is to make sports more exciting and accessible for everyone. Stay tuned for my latest articles, where I share expert insights, player perspectives, and everything you need to know about the world of sports!

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
wpDiscuz
Exit mobile version